<>What a lovely and energetic way to start your day with a strawberry treat? A glass of strawberry smoothie or a slice of strawberry cheesecake in midday is a great way to feel fresh. Imagine the antioxidant that cuts off the free radicals your blood may have accumulated. And, all that nutrients, minerals, fiber, and omega fats that keep your pressure and sugar under control. Try these two strawberry recipes, treat yourself and see the difference.
I Strawberry smoothie
- 8 Medium strawberries
- ½ Cup plain yogurt
- ½ Cup skimmed milk
- 3 Tablespoon sugar
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Mixed nuts
- Ice cubes
How to make
- Place the ripe strawberries, yogurt, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract in a blender.
- Toss the small ice cubes.
- Blend at medium speed. See if it is creamy and smooth.
- Pour in a glass. Sprinkle with mixed nuts.
- Decorate with a whole strawberry and serve
II Strawberry Cheesecake
Here is another strawberry treat that will be remembered for a long time. The recipe is easy made in 3 steps. At the bottom is the crust with cocoa flavor. In between is the layer of cheesecake. The lovely red topping on top makes a perfect strawberry treat.
1. Cake Crust
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar preferably brown
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
How to make
- Grind the graham crackers into a fine powder in a blender. In a bowl add the ground crackers, butter, and brown sugar, salt and cocoa powder.
- Press the crust tightly into the bottom of a spring pan of 8-9 inch size. Keep aside the crust.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Start to boil water in a large pot for the water bath.
- 3 sticks of cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
Cheesecake with crust of strawberry treat
How to make
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. With a hand mixer, blend to a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix well by scraping the sides.
- Add cream, vanilla, lemon juice, until creamy and smooth
- Pour the batter on the crust and tap to leave no bubbles.
- Cover the bottom of the pan with foil
- Place pan in the larger pan and pour boiling water half way up.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until it is almost done
- Turn off the oven and let rest 30 minutes to cool down.
- Place the cake out in a decorating dish
3. Strawberry treat topping
- 2 cups fresh strawberries chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to make
- Put chopped strawberries and sugar into a small saucepan.
- Add 1/3 cup water to cover, stir to blend. Heat mixture over medium-high heat until it boils.
- Stir and reduce heat to medium.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tbsp of water until a thick liquid form.
- Pour the liquid into the pan, stir continuously, until blended well.
- Cook the mixture 3-4 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently to become syrupy and thick.
- Take away from heat, add vanilla and stir.
- Pour the topping on the cheesecake to the desired volume
This strawberry topping can be used in waffles, ice creams, sundaes or any of your favorite dessert.
Enjoy your with a healthy refreshing a strawberry treat. One of the world's healthiest fruit strawberries will provide you all the nutrients to keep you healthy and happy all day long .